How to Convert Social Media Followers into Customers
Tip #2 – Use Facebook Ads to convert followers into paying customers
If you find you’re not getting enough organic traction, you could consider paying for Facebook ads to get more customers. A few interesting options for the hospitality industry are:
1. Apply Geo-Targeting to your current ad strategy to target customers in the nearby area. A small budget goes a long way, as long as you target the right people.
2. Use a “Carousel Ad” to direct your potential customers to the nearest location, also known as a “Store Locator”
3. Retarget your existing customers by uploading a custom audience on Facebook, and choose your target market wisely. Next up, fine tune your ad and narrow your targeting for an even better audience!
A great Facebook ad set can be built up of:
- your current customers,
- people that look like your current customers (lookalike audience)
- your Facebook Page Likers,
- page and website visitors, and
- people who recently checked-in to your page.
*Pro Tip: Don’t boost every single organic post. Always remember that Facebook uses an algorithm: your boosts will be interpreted as “willingness to pay” for organic reach, which will certainly counteract your organic post reach. Instead, save your budget for bigger ads (like the examples above) for better results.
Tip #3 – Engage with your followers, and reward them
To build recognition, and ultimately trust, you should engage with your customers. Show them some love by replying to their messages, and thanking them for sharing their experiences via reviews. It’s a basic part of online reputation management. As you gain more confidence, show your personality and feel free to joke with them and have fun!
If you find yourself juggling with too many social media and review channels, and run the risk of missing important messages, you could start using a tool. AreTheyHappy created an easy-to-use inbox to help you centralize all your messages in one place, and get notified for every negative review or important messages.